ExerGo develops an innovative concept of district heating and cooling, which uses carbon dioxide (R744) as a heat transfer fluid and it allows to perform heating and cooling with a two-pipe compact network.
This patented concept is a unique opportunity to valorize waste energy locally using the network in combination with heat pumps and heat exchangers.
It unlocks the synergies between buildings, turning low temperature waste heat into hot water and electricity for residential, commercial or industrial buildings.
Once the energy recovery is maximized, the excess heat (in summer) or the remaining heat demand (in winter) of the district is supplied using low temperature environmental sources in combination with renewable electricity heat-pumps. Lakes, rivers, geothermal, low temperature solar thermal, air become the heat source and the energy sink of urban and industrial areas.
The result is a compact, efficient and profitable energy recovery district system that delivers 100% of renewable energy!
Widely spread in commercial and industrial refrigeration, carbon dioxide (R744) has exceptional thermodynamic properties, making our two-pipe system very compact and scalable up to several Megawatts of heating and cooling. It is a non-flammable natural refrigerant that can be also used as a fire extinguishing fluid.
With the smart thermal CO2 network you will:
- promote local waste energy recovery and unlock synergies of neighborhood buildings
- use low temperature heat sources from the environment (lakes, rivers, geothermal, air)
- minimize civil engineering work, reducing time for installation and traffic perturbations
- reduce noise pollution and the visual impact of your building
- maximize energy efficiency, minimize emissions and energy cost
Be renewable in a smart way, with our unique heating, cooling, refrigeration and fire extinguishing system.
Contact us for more information.